Sunday, October 30, 2011

More errrr. ER

It's been a week.  Let's see.

BK3 in the ER @ the General
Sunday night 10/23, we were all good.  I had put B down for a little nap before his last bottle of the day.  Brannan and I were watching a movie.  The monitor all of a sudden erupted with the most horrific sound ever from B's room.  I ran, scooped him up, and started compressions on his back.  He had the Croup.  It didn't take a few attempts at breathing for me to figure that out.  I freaked.  So back to the ER we went, but this time to the General on Bluebonnet.  Indeed it was the croup.  1 hour passed, including a breathing treatment, a few new friends in the ER, and a 3-day Steroid for li'l man.  We were out in no time.  Nice job General.  We picked you on a good night.  He got a little better after the Steroid Rx, and we went to see Dr. Farrell on Thursday; only to find out that he no longer had the Croup.  It had turned into something else, more like Bronchitis.  :( Womp Womp Wommpp.  Now the breathing machine sits in my living room.  We get to use it every day.  B was pretty much quarantined this weekend and we have to go back to Farrell in the morning.  Hoping Halloween isn't ruined for him!  Meanwhile, I haven't kicked this crap either.  I was sick long before B, and went through an entire set of antibiotics, a cough syrup, a steroid pack and a nose spray.  I woke up this morning with a sore throat....it's going on week 3 here.  Not ok.  I guess I need sleep?  Or vitamins more like it...I know, bad Mom.  I'll go take 'em right now.  Happy Halloween everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment