Saturday, October 22, 2011

BK3 Geauxs Tailgatin'

There are 2 things one can expect about little boys and the South:
1.  How to get dirty, and stay dirty.
2.  First words often result in Geaux Tigers, of some sort.

Today, BK3 got to experience a day on LSU's campus for tailgating at the LSU vs Auburn game.  Not sure who had more fun...BK3 or Daddy.

Knowing that this would be a momentous occasion, I planned ahead - or as ahead as I thought I could - for LSU attire that would make it a great first tailgate for baby B.  I searched and searched, finally finding the obnoxious striped purple / gold over alls for the munchkin.  Ordered.  RUSH ordered that was.  They'd arrive Thursday, Oct 20th.  So I emailed Daddy Brannan and told him about my cool "find" which he loved.  Fastforward to Friday afternoon.  I got home late from teaching dance, and Brannan's holding a pinkish mail slip...the kind you get at your door when you've missed your package delivery.  He asks me if I've received anything (2 packages to be specific). I  said "NO".  Of course, I hadn't been home but 15 minutes all day.  No packages here.  I grabbed the slip and saw that the packages would be able for pick up Saturday morning at the Woodlawn Post Office.  It opened at 9:00 a.m.  I saw the look of desperation on Brannan's face and I dared to ask "What did you buy?".  His face said it all.  He bought a pair of over alls for himself.  To match the Baby.  Of course.  What Daddy wouldn't?  "I guess that means we'll be at the post office for when it opens in the morning...", he says.  "Absolutely babe", I say, knowing how much he must want to wear these over-alls, if he's willing to wait until after 9:00 a.m. to head to LSU's campus for a 2:30 game.  Against Auburn. 

We did just as expected.  Woke at 7:00 a.m., fed the baby, packed the bag for the day, got dressed, and drove into the parking lot of the post office just in time for it to open.  Grabbed the package and headed out to campus.  This was going to be a great day.  You can betcha Brannan changed into his obnoxious pair between 2 car doors in the parking lot of Kirby Smith...a true fan.  We pulled out the jeep stroller, got the baby inside, and started strolling.  I offered to push, but Daddy insisted.  "I look weird in this outfit, don't I" he says over and over.  To which I finally said, "Babe, you don't look funny in the outfit.  You look funny in the outfit, pushing a stroller."  Not to mention he kept taking it "off road".  Because that's what the jeep stroller is meant for.  Needless to say, he did NOT look funny.  He looked awesome.  He was a dad who was proud of his matching outfit with his son.  Like I said, It was going to be a good day. 

Baby Brannan loved the experience.  So much that he skipped his morning nap.  Geaux Tigers!  2 Auburn fans stopped and asked my 2 boys for a picture even.  At one point, I looked around and couldn't find neither of the two.  Come to find out, Daddy B had taken Baby B for a stroll.  I was sure that there would be a photo op going on somewhere...why didn't I jump in on that!  I'm not sure how many beers got offered to BK3...Of course everyone knows whiskey helps the teething...not beer. 

We (BK3 and myself) didn't go into the game...being that our tickets were seats on the first row of LSU fans directly behind the Auburn fans section...I figured it would be best to let Daddy Brannan bring a friend and watch this one from home.  The last 3 times Brannan and I sat there usually ended up with me in tears and an almost hungover Brannan risking getting thrown out of the game.  Actually, the last time we sat there was 2 years ago, LSU vs. Auburn, and a very "happy" Brannan was going back and forth with the Auburn couple in front of us.  Auburn woman (about college age) held a signature pom pom that repeatedly and coincidentally kept smashing Brannan's face....After she and Brannan had words, Brannan thought it'd be smart to tell the Auburn boyfriend to "Keep his B**** on a leash"...yeah that didn't go over too well.  Especially since the ENTIRE LSU section behind us was egging B on...So I'm in tears, and finally after it all settles, the girl turns to me and says "I'm really sorry....I'm never like this at football games but I figured I had to here!  Someone even told me I had an STD!"  Classy LSU.  Very Classy.  LOL  So needless to say, when we get the offer of those tickets, I gladly choose to let Brannan enjoy them with a friend.  We'll survive better that way. 

Daddy B had a lot of fun.  I did too.  And I'm sure Baby B will be able to see the pics when he's a little older.  Mostly, I learned today that there are some things that little boys will always cherish:  days like this with their Daddy's.  Where they get to be JUST like their Daddy.  I know today, Baby Brannan had the biggest smile on his face all day long.  He knew how cool this day was :)


"Off roading"

My handsome BK3

The best moment of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment