Sunday, November 27, 2011

A week just being Mom.

About a week since my last post, and boy are things getting exciting.

BK3 had his 6 month pictures, attended his first LSU Basketball game, his first LSU Football game, and enjoyed his first Thanksgiving.  I was blessed to have the entire week off, and boy was it great.  I never would have thought that being a "house-wife" would be something that I'd like to be...but this week showed how much I'd love to not work, and just be a mom.  Did I really just say that?  Too bad the bills need to be paid, and it helps that I love my job.  A few more years of unruly dance moms, and I just might re-think it though...Above all, I love being a wife and mother.  It truly is the best thing in the world. 

6 month pics - I was in hopes that BK3 would be trying his best at redemption after the newborn session, which lasted 6 hours filled with non-stop crying, peeing, crapping (all without a diaper on) and pacing (on mama's part).  It all started out fine, with a good set of family pics, then we started on BK3 alone.  After the 2nd pose, BK3 took a li'l tumble onto the concrete and bumped his head.  AND CUT.  End of photos for BK3.  He was fine, and I was patting myself on the back for not being too worried.  I have a boy.  I should train myself to know he's going to get hurt.  Right?  Luckily, Katy is going to come back in a few weeks and get more of BK3, and the family shots came out great! check her out :  www.katymarshallphotography.com 

1st Basketball game - Tigers played the U of S. Alabama, and even though we're not huge basketball fans, we were excited about it....hello, it's LSU.  We're game.  BK3 loved it.  Stayed awake, alert and happy the entire time.  He even got on the "small fry cam".  We lost in overtime, but all I could think was "please this can't be an omen for Friday's game against Arkansas, or else we won't bring the kid".

Thanksgiving - I loved waking up on Thanksgiving day and going into B's room to tell him it was his first Thanksgiving.  Sure, he had no clue what the hell I was saying.  But it was special to me.  I scolded myself for not having some sort of cute Thanksgiving pajamas for him.  But I quickly got over it.  There's always Christmas... We did the normal "Webb-run" on a Holiday and hit up 3 places before 4:00 p.m., 3 dinners and we all felt like weeble wobbles, including BK3.  In fact, he wouldn't even sit up and play.  The second I'd sit him up, he'd start coughing as if he couldn't breathe, then lay back.  So I did what we all do - unbuttoned his top button on his pants, and let him lounge.  Cured.

LSU v. Arkansas - Boy was it a day.  BK3 was bundled up and ready.  And what a day it was.  Thanks to Mr. Timmy Fontenot, my son got to get eye to eye with a real life (or dead and cooked) hog stretched across our tailgate table.  He grabbed it.  Gross, and thankfully I had hand sanitizer waiting...He loved the game.  Thankfully #2, we had noise-canceling head phones in li'l tike size.  It was LOUD.  But BK3 just got to enjoy the view.  Geaux Tigers!

The weekend ended with Christmas Decorations and house cleaning.  Oh what fun.   You'll see a video below, hopefully it's clear.  BK2 plays with BK3 while Boss tries to get in on the action.  Notice the sound you hear a few seconds in...that's Boss getting body slammed into the wall, so that Daddy can effectively play with BK3.  And he just comes back for more...all outta love.


It was an incredible week.  It makes me look even more forward to the Christmas break, which I know will be full of many more amazing moments with my hubby and our li'l man.  I see how quickly time passes before your eyes, and of course I'd like to put it on pause.  But it's life.  And life goes; you blink and it's all gone.  If it were on pause, there'd be no journey.  So I'm excited to buckle up, and see the many amazing things God has in store for us.  Have a great week back to work/school/whatever it is that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment