Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hot Bubble Baths cure the world's problems.

Ever since I can remember, I've always been a fan of hot bubble baths...now more than ever.  It can be 97 degrees outside in the humid Louisiana August, and I'll still crave the hot bubble bath at the end of the day to just RELAX.  Can I get a HELL YEA?  Today, it was needed.  Let's see.  BK3 turned 6 months old on Thursday.  It's already been 6 months....just seems like yesterday I was balancing smoothie cups on my belly in between dance classes... Each day that goes by proves to me that women are unbelievable creatures - moms especially.  I saw a handkerchief in the DS Antique Village today that said this "Three Wise Women", The 3 wise women would have...asked for directions, arrived on time, helped deliver the baby, cleaned the stable, made a casserole, brought practical gifts, and there would be peace on Earth.

How fitting?  Saturday morning, this idea was proven completely true.  I had to work 1 hour on Saturday morning.  I woke up early, fed the baby his bottle, made sure Daddy was up, then kissed them both and headed out.  "I'll only be gone an hour and a half!".  That was at 9:10 a.m., and as I was driving back around 10:45 a.m., I called Daddy B and asked him what was up.  He had just laid the baby down to nap.  All within 3 seconds, I made a realization.  Carrie - you didn't leave Daddy B with instructions....Here is our dialog-

Me:  Babe, did Brannan eat breakfast? (He's eating 3 solid meals a day now, like humans do)
BK2:  Um....wasn't that his bottle that you gave him?
Me:  No...babe, he has to EAT.
BK2:  Well, I didn't know he was hungry.  And you didn't leave me a schedule.
Me:  Ok.  -____-

I'm sure whatever Mamas that are reading this are saying "Been there, done that, and it doesn't get any better!" lol.  But it proves the handkerchief truth. 

This weekend was busy.  Full of exciting "non-work" related events, which is awesome.  I didn't get any extra sleep, which is not awesome, but it leads me to my awesome hot bubble bath.  I've been looking forward to it all day.  Just a chance to relax and not have to think about anyone's schedule, who needs to eat, burp, nap, poop (has he pooped yet today?), teethe, take the garbage out (cause it runs tomorrow), clean out the pantry, clean the bottles, sweep up the dog hair....ok I'm getting carried away.  But you get the picture?  It's beautiful how just a chance to "not think" can put you in a better mood...not to mention the bubbles, and super hot water.  NICE.

And to finish off the awesome experience, I exit the bathroom to hear Daddy B saying "Good Catch DUDE!" to BK3. I'm wondering...what the hell?  The kid can barely grab a toy, much less catch something....Peek around the corner to see BK3 perched in Daddy's recliner.  Daddy B standing 6 feet away with BK3's plush football, tossing it to him.  I would've let them enjoy their Father - Son time, except Boss kept trying to ruin it by grabbing the football before BK3 could figure out to grab it.  I mean, I also didn't want Boss's saliva all over it too, but oh well.  So I say "Hey Hey, Boss...no" when I immediately get cut off by Daddy B, who pleas "BABE!, Let him play....Boss is the defense..."


Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment